Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4 More Hours to Go....

Oh man, I am at work right now, it's 3:23am, and I still have 4 more hours to go till it's time to drive home sweet home! All my little patients are sleeping, which I guess is why I have time to type this post! I just finished emailing my all time FAVORITE teacher Mrs. Freund from elementary school whom Alex bumped into over the weekend while we were all home for Easter. It's interesting to see what highlights/memories come up in your life via email when you are trying to catch someone up over the past 3 years of your life- mine were moving to Frankin, Bobby, Ava, and Victoria.
Going home for Easter was wonderful! I can't WAIT to post pictures from Ava's 1st Easter Egg Hunt. Easter Sunday was a joyous day for all of us- we truly felt Victoria's warmth all around us as we reflected on the joy of the day-of Christ's resurrection and the eternal hope that His resurrection gives us- in a deeper, more profound way than ever now that we anxiously await drawing close to Victoria again someday! Dad even kept to tradition and Alex and I hunted down Easter eggs together in a race to find the "Golden Egg"...which had $20 inside! Despite getting hip blasted into the side of the house, I still lost and Alex found the Golden Egg first...hehehe...oh funny memories! My poor pregnant belly got smushed up against the house as Alex playfully shoved me aside to reach the egg before I could! We just laughed and laughed and it felt good. Ava quickly caught on and LOVED looking for her "eggies" and placing them in the basket! Funny story: most of Ava's eggs were simply laying in the grass or on top of plants where she could easily reach them and see them. This was NOT the case with Alex and I's eggs. Bobby and my dad BURIED several of them inside potted plants around the house outside, in car mufflers, inside electrical boxes, under rocks, etc. Well I guess Ava was watching us dig through dirt to find eggs, because once we got inside, I heard my mom and Alex laughing hysterically saying, "Katherine! Come see what Ava just did!", so I ran into the family room where they were and saw the following: dirt everywhere, a plant laying on the ground, and an empty pot! Ava had walked over to one of my mom's indoor small potted plants, grabbed the plant, and lifted it right out of the planter-dirt, roots and everything- and threw it on the floor looking for an easter egg!!! Again, we just laughed and laughed and loved every minute of it! Little Ava brings us so much joy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you are doing well and had a nice Easter. Its also nice to see you read those blogs we read at SR together

Anonymous said...

I found the link to your blog on Facebook and I'm so glad I did! I didn't know you had one! Can I just say that yours is the happiest blog I've ever seen! Whatever song that is...I LOVE it!! And that slide show just makes me smile! Thanks for sharing! :)