Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Parents on the news

Since Victoria's death, my parents have become advocates in helping get the message out about the dangers of text messaging while driving. Fox news contacted my parents last week and interviewed them in light of a bill being proposed to make it illegal to text while driving in Georgia. My parents chuckled because after an hour long interview, they only showed about 5 seconds of what they shared, but that's ok, because the message still gets across! I am so proud of the strength of my mom and dad to be able to share about Victoria (over and over again- this is not the first time they have been interviewed since her death- even the Oprah show called my mom!) and help others learn from her accident. So don't text message and drive!!

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/ga.-considers-texting-while-driving-ban-011910

1 comment:

Brooke said...

It must give you a little solace to know that Victoria's death may help prevent countless others. Your parents (and you!) have shown such strength. Let me know if they go on the Oprah show! Praying for you all daily...